The most and least expensive homes in Glos – revealed!
Want to know where to find the most expensive - and cheapest - homes in the county? If you're as curious as we are here's the grand reveal - the Gloucestershire's hotspots to get on your radar (or just for a nose).
With outstanding schools, sweeping rural vistas, the freshest of cafe cultures, countless indie boutiques and scores of vibrant towns and pretty villages, it’s no wonder the world and her husband are seeking out our wonderful shire.
Average house prices across the UK increased by 8.6 percent over the year to February 2021 (ONS) – the highest annual growth rate since 2014, and Glos is top of the list as a place to live (Stroud alone was named Best Place to Live in the UK 2021 by both the Sunday Times and Muddy readers!)
So curious where in the county gets you something for the better part of £5 mill? Or, where to find the holy grail of a Gloucestershire home that costs £60k?
All 12 of the big bucks properties sold in the county this year were to the east of the M5 but the cheaper house and flats were scattered all over. Here are the most and least expensive homes sold in Gloucestershire in the first quarter of 2021.
Most expensive …
1. Haymes, Haymes Road, Cleeve Hill, Cheltenham, GL52 3QH, – a detached house, sold for £4,720,000.
2. Sisters House, Stow Road, Baunton, Cirencester, GL7 5EY, a detached house, sold for £1,750,000.
3. Stable Cottage, High Street, Kempsford, Fairford, GL7 4EQ, a detached house, sold for £1,275,000.
4. Stanley Meadows, Lower Stanley, Gretton, Cheltenham, GL54 5HQ, a detached house, sold for £1,250,000.
5. 20 Park Place, Cheltenham, GL50 2QT, a terraced house, sold for £1,225,000.
6. 6 Lansdown Parade, Cheltenham, GL50 2LH, a terraced house, sold for £1,185,000.
7. Newlands, 33, East End Road, Charlton Kings, Cheltenham, GL53 8QB, a detached house, sold for £1,150,000.
8. Plum Tree House, Paxford, Chipping Campden, GL55 6XW, a terraced house, sold for £1,140,000.
9. Phoenix House, Cleeve Hill, Cheltenham, GL52 3PX, a detached house, sold for £1,125,000.
10. Corisande, Rodborough Common, Stroud, GL5 5BN, a detached house, sold for £1,075,000.
Least Expensive …
1. 17C Park Road, Gloucester, a flat which sold for £60,000.
2. 14 Home Ground, Gloucester, a flat which sold for £62,500.
3. Flat 4, Frustration House, Nailsworth, Stroud, which sold for £70,000.
4. Flat 7, Castle4 Court, Stroud, which sold for £78,100.
5. 4 Matson Place, Gloucester, a terrace house which sold for £80,000.
6. 87 Hawthorn Road, Cheltenham, which sold for £83,000.
7. 4 Dinard House, Lydney, Forest of Dean, which sold for £95,000.
8. 16 Hopewell Street, Gloucester, a terrace house which sold for £95,000.
9. 10A Grosvenor Street, Cheltenham, a flat which sold for £95,000.
10. Flat 8, Hucclecote Mews, Gloucester which sold for £95,000.
And want to know what the most expensive houses across England and Wales were (Jan to March)? …
Most expensive: 48 Phillimore Gardens, Kensington and Chelsea, London, a detached house for £28,991,750.
Cheap as chips: 166 Collingwood Court, Washington, Sunderland, a flat which sold for £15,000.